Sunday 26 April 2015

THOUGHTS TO THINK ABOUT...

I don't write as much I would like to..ideally..but sometimes when things are kinda off and
I'm feeling extremely moody..I write. So, this is what I wrote quite recently and then as a Sunday activity, I illustrated it . It is a poem, I guess. Well... see you yourself..


SHADOW

My shadow knows me...
better than I know myself 
Or so it seems...
It's always with me.... 
even when I'm blinded by the brightest lights, 
and when I'm engulfed in the darkest nights..
I go after things I know are not for me...
So obvious, that everyone else can see and tell...

that it is not for me...


But I go searching, looking frantically for something that is and will be an illusion...
and my shadow..
Silently tells me...
Girl, this isn't for you...
You are looking for the wrong thing...
but no, I don't listen...


I don't listen, until I've had my full..until I've searched enough...
Until I've worried enough...until I've suffered the suffering that I think i deserve...
Until I stop...and look at my shadow.. Weary and tired of my foolishness...

waiting patiently beside me...waiting for me to straighten up..
waiting for me to know my worth.....
for it is my shadow..
And it will always be with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment