Friday 29 August 2014

REVISITING SOME OLD WORK

Around a year and a half back, I was preparing to go abroad for my Masters. Putting an illustration portfolio together, without having the background was tricky. And I was confused..like really confused! I made these acrylic paintings back then. They are a bit moody, no?

Not having any formal training in art was proving to be a bit of a problem. I mean, I was always good at drawing and painting and it helped in my architectural studies, but never 'learnt' it anywhere. I was reading a lot, doing a lot of research, looking at different artist's works...basically a helluva lot was happening! Illustration is not a conventional subject here in India. And for me, being an Architect, it was kind of a big decision to make.


But I soldiered on! Sounds kinda dramatic, huh! Sent in my portfolio to loads of universities in UK, got selected in a couple of them, chose Coventry University and the rest is history! What post-graduation did for me was tgat it gave me direction. I developed my own style and discovered what I was really really interested in doing and came out with distinction..yea...! Bottom line is that, you just gotta do what you gotta do..cos if you aren't happy with the work you do, it'll be WORK and then it'll turn into a CHORE. OK enough of philosophy..! Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment