Thursday 27 August 2015

THE TACTILE DREAMS

















Dreams...You know, the ones which are unreal, bizarre, a bit too real...A nightmare, perhaps...The ones which leave you shivering in the middle of the night...Some are filled with colors and some just keep coming back. These are exactly 2 years old..a time when i was trying very hard to understand what I really wanted to do with my life....while i was exploring and experimenting...


 


I still like to "capture" or “document” the blurring details of such dreams or maybe just thoughts...these illustrations are based on some of my dreams and some are other's. Also, when I look back..its cool to see how far I have actually come with my work..I am now way more confident than I was then...And the best part ( which is also the tricky bit), that I never had any formal training in illustration/painting..! i mean, i never took classes..or anything..Though i did do my masters in illustration..but it was just a year... that one year did give me a lot of exposure and the confidence to chugh on.
I guess...what I'm kinda getting at is..its ok, if one doesn't have a degree from the best art school in the world... its ok, if one has chosen to pursue something as their career, as opposed to another..its ok to change your mind...and its ok to take some time to figure thing out...what truly matters I think is to see it through..do what you really love doing and just stick to it..no half measures then..and good stuff will happen..slowly maybe..but it'll happen..being talented is sadly not enough..needs a lot of hard work and sleepless nights..but I wouldn't have it any other way..so ..peace out...! 

No comments:

Post a Comment